Native Grasses: Enhancing Establishment Forum 2016
October 20 and 21, 2016
The Native Grasses: Enhancing Establishment Forum was hosted by the City of Salisbury with support from the Native Grass Resources Group and was attended by expert biodiversity officers, grassland practitioners, landowners, researchers and ecologists from around Australia, whose aim is to establish, restore and manage grasslands.
The two day forum brought together over 100 leading professionals to discuss latest practice and share knowledge as well the successes and failures individuals have experienced. It included presentations by leading practitioners on the need to both conserve existing grasslands and create opportunities and techniques to establish and restore native grasslands.
Proudly supported by Native Grass Resources Group and Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board
Presentations and videos
Please feel free to download any of the following presentations. Please be aware that some of these files are very large in size and may not be suitable to download on a mobile device.
- Tales of Wine, Wisdom and Woe - John Stafford
- Creating Sustainable Native Grass Landscapes Using Direct Seeding - Chris Findlay, Managing Director, Flora Victoria
- Seeds of Success: getting to know your seeds - Alice Quarmby, Swainsona Environmental Services
- Weed seed bank ecology, nutrients and species diversity - Shaun Kennedy, Vegetation Specialist, SA Water
- Lessons from the Grassy Groundcover Project - Andrew Fairney, Grassy Woodland Restoration Project Officer, Upper Torrens Land Management
- Establishment of native grasses: The battle with invasives is fought underground - Monique Smith, PhD Candidate, University of Adelaide
View the extensive range of videos of the Forum on our YouTube channel: