Skip to main content


Two ladies having a chat - facing each other with kitchen table in between.

Finding a home

Housing Support is available to assist senior residents of Salisbury and Playford who need assistance to find accommodation.

Who does the program assist?

The program assists people who:

  • are renting or looking to rent a private house/unit or housing SA/community housing property
  • live in a caravan park, hotel, shared accommodation or boarding house
  • are at risk of homelessness or who are homeless.

What services are available?

  • Provide information about housing options for seniors
  • Assist people to find affordable housing
  • Liaise with support services, community groups and health services for the provision of appropriate care
  • Follow up to ensure the suitability of the housing and the effectiveness of the service so that the resident can continue living in the community

These services are delivered under the Assistance with Care and Housing Program funded through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). As of 1 January 2023, the Assistance with Care and Housing program is moving to the newly created Care Finder program. The City of Salisbury will be providing specialist support with housing. The Care Finder program aims to deliver specialist and intensive assistance to help people to understand and access aged care and connect with other relevant supports. The City of Salisbury will continue to provide the same high quality help and support to older people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. Our housing support specialists can be contacted on 8406 8227 or

Watch Alfred’s amazing story below and see how the Assistance with Care and Housing Program has changed his life.

Further information

Download Information on Housing options for seniors in the City of Salisbury.

How to apply for assistance

For further information or to apply for assistance please contact Housing Support Services on (08) 8406 8227 or email us here.