Finding a home
Housing Support is available to assist senior residents of Salisbury and Playford who need assistance to find accommodation.
Who does the program assist?
The program assists people who:
- are renting or looking to rent a private house/unit or housing SA/community housing property
- live in a caravan park, hotel, shared accommodation or boarding house
- are at risk of homelessness or who are homeless.
What services are available?
- Provide information about housing options for seniors
- Assist people to find affordable housing
- Liaise with support services, community groups and health services for the provision of appropriate care
- Follow up to ensure the suitability of the housing and the effectiveness of the service so that the resident can continue living in the community
These services are delivered under the Assistance with Care and Housing Program funded through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).
Watch Alfred’s amazing story below and see how the Assistance with Care and Housing Program has changed his life.
Download Information on Housing options for seniors in the City of Salisbury.
How to apply for assistance
For further information or to apply for assistance please contact Housing Support Services on (08) 8406 8227 or email us here.