Skip to main content


Council Contact Change Details Typing Laptop

Change of details

It is very important to notify the Council of any changes in ownership or address. This can be done in writing, by telephone or in person.

Change of address

You can now change your details:

Online: click here to lodge your request online.

Email: to

Phone: call us on 8406 8222 during business hours.

Change of ownership

A conveyancer, qualified agent or solicitor, must address change of ownership.

When ownership of a property changes, liability for payment of rates remains with the owner listed with the Council until a notice of disposition is received. Fines may apply if the Council does not receive notice from your agent or solicitor. All outstanding rates and charges must be paid in full at settlement.

Separation with no change to ownership

Council will not amend a property record due to separation of owners. The billing address can be changed to the person accepting responsibility for the rates. However, both owners remain equally and severally responsible. This liability applies regardless of who is residing at the property, or any personal arrangements that may have been made. For further information, refer to Section 178 of the Local Government Act 1999.

After you have lodged your request

You will receive an email response containing a customer reference number, or if you called us a number will be provided to you. Please quote this number in any follow up correspondence with Council.

You will not be advised of the outcome of the report, unless you have specified that you would like to be advised and have provided us with your contact details to do so.

If you would like to give us feedback on how you found the new online system, please feel free to contact us at We would love to hear what you think works, what doesn’t and if you have any suggestions to how we can improve the system.