How to apply
The City of Salisbury undertakes a rigorous recruitment and selection process with decisions regarding appointment based on merit.
Should you have any questions regarding an advertised vacancy please telephone the contact person nominated in the position advertisement prior to submitting your application.
Your application should include:
- the title of the position you are applying for
- your full name, address and daytime contact number
- a statement or cover letter which addresses each of the position objectives outlined in the position description and your reasons for applying
- a resume inclusive of:
- details of work experience stating your most recent employment first and inclusive of dates
- education and training
- names and contact numbers of at least two referees. Wherever possible, one should be your current manager/supervisor and the other should have knowledge of your work experience. Some applicants may prefer to provide referee details at interview.
- any other applicable information
Please check the closing date to ensure that your application is received on time as late applications are unlikely to be considered.
Sending your application
You can send your application by:
- uploading via Seek.com.au
- uploading via the Hot Jobs page
Post your application marked Private and Confidential to:
Human Resources Support Officer
PO Box 8
Salisbury SA 5108
If you would like to register your resume and receive notifications of vacant positions, got to our Hot Jobs page and sign in.
Interview panellists will assess all applications against the key responsibilities and will short list for interview those applicants who best meet the criteria.
If you are selected for interview, you will be contacted usually within 21 days of the advertised closing date. You will be advised of the interview date, time, venue and the names and position titles of all interview panellists.
The interview panel will use a number of techniques to assess your ability to perform the role including behavioural based interview questions, psychometric assessments, work samples (if applicable) and reference checks.
If you are not contacted within 21 days of the advertised closing date, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful. Sometimes there are unforeseen delays in the assessment of applications in particular when a large volume of applications has been received. You may wish to email or telephone the contact person detailed within the job advertisement to confirm the status of your application.
Pre-employment checks may include:
- referee checks
- criminal record check (for some positions)
- medical assessments (inclusive of drug testing)
- psychometric assessments
- an Australian work eligibility check
- sighting copies of qualifications
- any other assessment checks as required