Minor Capital Works Grant Program
The City of Salisbury, through its Minor Capital Works Grant Program (MCWGP) aims to assist clubs that provide sport, recreation and leisure opportunities to the Salisbury community to undertake facility improvements.
The purpose of the program is to provide opportunities to improve Council or club owned recreation assets and facilities in order to increase community participation in sport and recreation and enhance the club viability.
The MCWGP aims to deliver outcomes in alignment with the Salisbury City Plan 2035. By applying for eligible projects you are helping Salisbury to achieve the vision of “Council's commitment to develop a welcoming and livable City.”
The MCWGP is open to all community organisations that meet all of the following criteria:
- are an incorporated not-for-profit organisation under the Associations Incorporation Act 1985;
- be a recreation or sporting group and/or be a community-based incorporated organisation whose role is to manage recreation and sport facilities;
- are physically located and actively participate/compete in the City of Salisbury;
- provide sporting, recreation and leisure services to the City of Salisbury;
- are significantly free of Council debt;
- do not have outstanding funding from previously awarded MCWGP grants;
- have not received MCWGP funding in the past 24 months;
- have been operating for longer than 12 months;
- have completed all relevant sections of the application form; and
- have supplied all essential documentation.
There are two categories of funding available to eligible applicants:
CATEGORY A – up to $50,000
Clubs that meet one of the following may apply for CATEGORY A funding:
- have a current lease or sub-lease of a Council owned building; or
- licence or sub-license over Council owned land; or
- have a current hire agreement to use Council managed facilities such as an indoor recreation centre or community centre; or
- operate from facilities located on land where the City of Salisbury maintains a contracted interest to purchase that land.
CATEGORY B – up to $25,000
Not-for-profit associations that own their own facilities that are used to deliver sport and recreation outcomes to the community may apply for CATEGORY B funding.
The grants program is open to applications throughout the year with projects awarded monthly.
Guide to Submitting an Application for the MCWGP
Review the Program Guidelines and Eligibility
Download the Program Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria Booklet Here
Contact the Community Planner: Sport & Recreation
Before commencing your application please contact the Community Planner: Sport & Recreation on 8406 8222 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will:
- assess the eligibility of your project;
- book a site assessment with you;
- assist in developing a scope of works for seeking quotations;
- advise you of the MCWGP application process and timelines; and
- advise you of potential trades people for quotations.
Complete an Application Form
Application Forms must be submitted via the following Online Application Form by the 15th of each month:
Online MCWGP Application Form
A Project Budget will need to be completed, uploaded, and submitted with your application:
MCWGP Project Budget
Alternatively, Applications can be submitted by downloading and completing the Hard Copy Application Form and submitting through the following channels:
Fax: 8281 5466
Post: Minor Capital Works Grants Program
City of Salisbury
PO Box 8
Salisbury SA 5108
Download Hard Copy MCWGP Application Form
Assessment by Sport, Recreation and Grants Committee
Complete and eligible applications will be assessed by the Community Wellbeing and Sport Committee at the next monthly meeting. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
For more information, please contact the Community Planner: Sport & Recreation on 8406 8222 or via email@example.com