Salisbury Sport and Recreation Network
Welcoming community sport and recreation providers
The Salisbury Sport and Recreation Network & Northern Sport & Recreation Network welcomes community sport and recreation providers
The Salisbury Sport and Recreation Network was established as part of the City of Salisbury’s Sports Development Framework. The Network enables us to build strategic and sustainable partnerships that support growth and development of local sport in Salisbury providing opportunities for people of all ages, abilities and interests to participate in sport.
This program is unique and innovative to local government and will enhance the City of Salisbury’s investment in community sport.
A key component of the network will be to work collaboratively across both sporting and non-sporting communities to build stronger, healthier and more active communities that work together through sport.
Our upcoming workshops
Club Governance Workshop
Monday 24 May 2021
6pm – 8.30pm
The Lights Community and Sports Centre, East Parkway, Lightsview SA
Join us for an informative conversation about your role as committee members in providing and supporting opportunities for your community.
As a volunteer on your club management committee you play a vital role in providing and supporting opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to be active, meet new friends, develop new skills whilst participating in your sport. For many volunteers this can be daunting so we are here to help you understand what your obligations and responsibilities are. We would like to encourage as many members of your Club Management Committee to attend this workshop and learn more about:
- The role of the management committee
- Major responsibilities of the committee
- Legal duties of a management committee
- Skills and attributes of an effective committee member
- What does the commitment to being on the management committee involve?
Food and beverages (non-alcoholic) will be provided.
A quarterly newsletter providing relevant and important updates to sport and recreation providers including funding, workshops, training and development opportunities and best practice ideas.
Quarterly Network Forums
Sport and Recreation Network members will be invited to attend a quarterly forum to hear on different topics arising in the sport and recreation industry as well as an opportunity to network and discuss key issues with key stakeholders in the Salisbury sport and recreation community.
Community Sport and Recreation programs
Network members will be provided the exclusive opportunity to participate in key community sport and recreation programs in Salisbury including, Growing For Gold and other programs as they are developed.
The City of Salisbury will provide opportunities for network members to expand their profile in the community through:
- City of Salisbury website;
- Sport and Recreation fact sheets; and
- City of Salisbury community events and publications.
How to become a member
Who can join?
Local sport and recreation clubs who have a current lease or licence on council reserves / facilities (excluding City of Salisbury Recreation Centres) are automatic members of the Salisbury Sport and Recreation Network.
All other sport and recreation providers are welcome to join the Salisbury Sport and Recreation Network.
Simply complete the subscription form here
The Salisbury Sport and Recreation Network and Northern Sport and Recreation Network forums are an opportunity for local sporting clubs to come along and hear about up-to-date issues in the sporting community, hear from guest speakers and current programs and services available at Council.
There will be opportunities for local sport and recreation club volunteers to participate in registered trainings, workshops, and development sessions. Stay up-to-date through the City of Salisbury Sport and Recreation Network Newsletter or through the City of Salisbury Facebook page.
The Northern Sport and Recreation Network has held forums in March, June and November 2019, which provided clubs with a Back to Basics Bootcamp, Supporting Diverse and Inclusion Clubs and Creating Positive Club Culture.
Previous Salisbury Sport & Recreation Network Forums have included topics such as:
- Club administration
- Club governance
- Grant information and grant writing
- Seeking sponsorship
- Social media
- Smoke free sport policies
- Energy and lighting assets
- Developing athletes through coaching and nutrition
We thank the presenters and guest speakers that have been a part of the previous forums including:
- Mark Bickley, AFL
- Nat von Bertouch, Netball
- Jeff Dry - Associate Director, 180 Sport & Leisure Solutions
- Michael Pavlovich - Technical Officer - Energy & Lighting Assets, City of Salisbury
- Scott Hockenhull - Commercial and Sponsorship Manager, Football Federation SA
- James Fantasia - CEO, Norwood Football Club
- Marius Zanin - (previous) Media and Communications Manager, Adelaide United
- Tyson Roling - Sport & Recreation Officer, City of Playford
- Manal Younus
- Renee Singh, Intercultural Connections
- John Cranwell - CEO, Inclusive Sport SA
- Daniel Healy - Leading Teams
- Callan McKinnon - Rise Above Adversity