Salisbury City Centre: Church Street and John Street Improvement Plan
- Submissions close
The City of Salisbury is seeking feedback on the proposed Church Street and John Street Improvement Plan and has engaged GHD to conduct this.
Over the coming years the Salisbury City Centre will be undergoing an ambitious and exciting renewal program of investment. The City of Salisbury developed a Structure Plan and Revitalisation Strategy, a road map to transform the Salisbury City Centre into a major activity centre.
The City of Salisbury has developed the Plan in response to objectives outlined in the endorsed Salisbury City Centre Renewal Strategy and Urban Design Framework. The objective of the Church Street and John Street Improvement Plan is to:
- Provide direction for physical enhancement of John Street and upgrading of Church Street that will support the community, traders and visitors to the City Centre
- Develop John Street and Church Street as the main street boulevard to achieve a high quality urban environment
- Improve social benefit/diversity of the Salisbury City Centre for residents and traders
- Set the foundations to encourage economic investment
- Improve community and trader safety.
The City of Salisbury invites your feedback on the Church Street and John Street Improvement Plan concepts, including comments on:
- Pedestrian and cycle requirements/needs
- Artwork and greenery
- Safety upgrades i.e. lighting/CCTV
- Ease/convenience of parking
You can provide your feedback by completing an online survey here: Have Your Say
The survey will close on Friday 21 February 2020.
There will be a project display room at the new Salisbury Community Hub from 13 January to 21 February - click here for opening hours.
There will be two community information drop-in sessions to learn more about the project and provide feedback on the preliminary concepts. We welcome everyone to attend. Registration is not required.
Information sessions will be held at the Salisbury Community Hub at the following times:
- Thursday 30 January – 4pm to 8pm
- Saturday 8 February – 10am to 2pm
If you require further information or survey assistance please contact the project team during business hours:
Phone: 1800 325 110 Email: CJStreet@ghd.com