Fairbanks Drive Reserve Upgrade Consultation
- Submissions closed
We are seeking your feedback on the proposed upgrade to Fairbanks Drive Reserve, Paralowie.
In partnership with the Federal Government, Council will deliver stage one of the upgrade in the current 2021/22 financial year. Budget to complete stage two of the project will be considered for the next financial year.
Feedback provided through previous consultation undertaken in 2019 has been incorporated and reflected within a new concept plan that will inform the development of this important community space.
The concept includes a variety of recreational opportunities for the entire community, including:
- District playspace with a mixture of inclusive, nature and traditional play elements
- Public toilet
- Youth activity area incorporating a ‘rage cage’ hard court play area
- Hard court renewal to include resurfacing and expansion of court activities
- Picnic facilities
- Irrigated turf kick and catch area
- Dog park
- Off-street carpark
- Landscaping for shade, amenity and to provide clear sight lines through the reserve
- Lighting throughout the reserve for passive security
- Expanded walking trails with fitness stations
- Wayfinding signage
- Post and rail fencing to prevent unauthorised vehicle access
We are seeking feedback from you and your family regarding the reserve upgrade and would like to hear what is important to you in this community space. Comments can be provided via the online survey (go to Survey Monkey).
We will be consulting on the upgrade from Tuesday, 14 September until Friday, 29 October 2021.
You are also invited to attend a drop-in session at Fairbanks Reserve on Thursday, 14 October between 4pm and 6:30pm to chat with us about your thoughts on the upgrade.
*Please note the consultation period has been extended.