Draft Sustainability Strategy 2035 - Have Your Say!
- Submissions close
- 7 May 2023 at 11:30 pm
The City of Salisbury recently released a draft ‘Sustainability Strategy 2035’, which is a plan to guide the Council’s promise of becoming more environmentally sustainable.
Being environmentally sustainable is part of everything we do: from the way we live, eat and get around, to the way we build our cities, collect rubbish and look after our parks and reserves.
In this Strategy, we are looking at how we can responsibly manage and maintain our land and the environment. This means we are not causing more harm or damage to the Earth, but rather taking care of it for years to come.
How can you help?
You can help us shape the new actions in this document, before it is finalised and endorsed by Council. Have your say on biodiversity, carbon neutrality, climate resilience, waste and recycling, and water use.
We will be consulting on this Strategy from 1 April - 7 May 2023.
Entries can go in the running to win one of ten $20 VISA gift cards!
Terms and conditions for this competition can be read here.
How can you submit your thoughts?
You can tell us what you think though our online survey. A link to the online survey will be made available on 1 April 2023 - so watch this space!
The project team will also be at these locations to hear your thoughts. Feel free to drop in and provide your feedback in person:
- The Mawson Centre, Wednesday 12 April 2023, 10am to 12pm
- Para Hills Community Hub, Thursday 13 April 2023, 10am to 12pm
- Salisbury Community Hub, Wednesday 19 April 2023, 11am to 1pm
- Burton Community Hub, Thursday 27 April 2023, 1pm to 3pm *NOTE NEW TIME CHANGE*
- Morella Community Centre, Thursday 4 May 2023, 10am to 12pm.
Please refer to this page for any changes to these dates and times.
What do you need to read?
Before you submit your thoughts, please read the draft Sustainability Strategy 2035 so you are aware of its contents. Fact Sheets for the draft Strategy have been developed, containing simpler language that is easier to understand. Please read one of these documents:
- Draft Sustainability Strategy 2035 Fact Sheets (this is the simpler version)
- Draft Sustainability Strategy 2035 (this is the full, technical version)
Thank you for your time. With your help, we can be a #SustainableSalisbury, for all of us and our future generations to enjoy.