Starting a business in Salisbury Check List
Small businesses are great to have in Salisbury and just to make sure you’ve ticked all the boxes, we’ve given you a check list of some of the things you need to know
Are you building something? Changing Use? Making modifications? Don’t forget to get Development approvals in advance.
Food Safety for business
Are you going to be selling/serving food?
Tattooing and Piercing Businesses
We need to ensure that public health, hygiene and safety are well addressed for business.
Some precincts have corporate signs that you can have your business included on:
The Polaris Business Centre has services that can help you in your business, you can find some of them here.
One hour free mentoring session
- For business intenders and early stage businesses through the Polaris Centre, to book please call 8260 8205 and mention this page.
For a full list of licences and requirements from a federal/state and local government perspective, please check the Australia Business Licence and Information Service here.
Are you new to business?
Here’s a checklist of things to think about while starting up a new business:
- Do I have a business plan?
- Have I got a budget/cash flow? (Have you considered financing?)
- Have I checked what insurances I need?
- Do I need state, federal or local government licences?
- Have I registered my business name and got the right type of ABN?
- Do I need a website?
- Have I thought about a marketing plan and how to attract customers?
- If I am going to employ staff, what are my obligations (workcover, super, whs, awards etc)
- Buy? Lease? Work from home?
There are many considerations when starting a new business. Do you know your product well? Do you know the market need and your competitors? Will your idea work? Does your business name already exist, or is it not “quite” appropriate?
To find out more, or to speak with a business advisor, call the Polaris Business and Innovation Centre on 8260 8205, or visit the Polaris Business Centre website to book into sessions to help you with all of this!