Burton Community Hub
The new Burton Community Hub, a vibrant and exciting facility for the whole community to enjoy, is scheduled to open in July 2022.
Located close to Springbank Plaza Shopping Centre and recreational facilities, the Hub will be a welcoming place that creates economic, cultural, learning, and recreational opportunities for the whole community. It will also feature an outdoor mural by Aboriginal artist Elizabeth Close as part of the ‘A Welcoming Place’ Project, a collaboration between Wellbeing SA, Burton Primary School, local Senior Elder Frank Wanganeen and the City of Salisbury.
The new Community Hub will offer a variety of relaxing quiet spaces and meeting rooms perfect for individual and group study, community programs and meetings. It will also be home to a fantastic new Tech Lab and creative technologies space. Through funding received as part of Phase 2 of the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program, a new communal garden and a workshop is also being created.
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES COMING TO THE BURTON COMMUNITY HUB:
- A new library
- Communal library
- ‘The Workshop’
- Learning programs for all
- Creative technologies and digital literacy programs
- A showcase of indigenous culture and intercultural opportunities
- Green screens, filming and gaming equipment
- Room hire facilities for business or leisure
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BURTON COMMUNITY HUB:
For all enquiries regarding the Burton Community Hub development, please email us.
This page was last updated on 24 June 2022.
BURTON COMMUNITY HUB GRAND OPENING EVENT
Join us for the grand opening of the brand new Burton Community Hub! A FREE event for all ages.
Sunday 31 July, 2022 11am to 3pm
386 Waterloo Corner Road, Burton
Enjoy FREE activities and entertainment including:
- Amusement rides
- Pinata crafts
- Face painting
- Programs and activities for all ages
- Communal garden self-guided walk along the butterfly and insect trail
- Planting demonstration, help us plant a pea, and learn about upcycling in the garden
- Children’s craft including origami
- Burton Primary School Art Exhibition
- Launch of 'A Welcoming Place' mural by Elizabeth Close
- PLUS Adelaide United Payer special appearance and signings
Food and drinks available for purchase on the day.
Bookings are not required for this event.