Libby by OverDrive
Libby is the new app that allows you to borrow thousands of ebooks and audiobooks for FREE using your smartphone!
- Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
- All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf
- Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab
- Positions, bookmarks, and notes are kept in sync across your devices
- Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete
- Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio.
How to download Libby:
Requirements: For Apple devices iOS 9.0 or later is required.
- Install the app "Libby" from the app store on your device
- Open the Libby app and tap the "Hi" button Tap "Find my Library". Libby will try to determine your local library, if the suggested library is incorrect tap on "No"
- Use the options to either search for a library or enable GPS
Adding your library card:
- From the Library page, towards the middle right of the screen, tap "Add your card"
- Sign in with your Library Card and PIN number
- The Library page should now say "1 Library Card"
Borrowing from the library:
- Borrowing from the library page is easy! Simply search for titles at the top of the page
- Tap on a title you would like to borrow, if the title says "Borrow" then there is a copy available for you, if a title says "Place a hold" then all available copies are currently checked out
- From the library page, tap the three line icon in the top right, then tap "Hold notifications" from here you can specify your email address to be notified when a hold is available.
Where to find support:
Look on your screen for the Libby icon for helpful prompts to guide you.