Disability Access Inclusion Network (DAIN)
Disability Access Inclusion Network (DAIN) helps the City of Salisbury improve inclusion in our community
The Network has regular meetings in the Salisbury Community Hub with Council staff.
Membership is open to anyone who lives and/or works in the City of Salisbury and:
- Lives with disability
- Family or carers of people with disability
- People working in the disability sector
As a DAIN member, you can connect, advise and learn about inclusion in Council and the whole community. DAIN also support Council to implement its Ability Inclusion Strategic Plan.
DAIN supports the inclusion of people with physical, sensory, neurological, emotional and intellectual impairment. Meetings are physically accessible and AUSLAN interpreters / live captioning are available upon request. We are happy to try and accommodate other access requirements.
What do they do?
DAIN are involved in all sorts of Council business. DAIN provide inclusion advice on a range of Council services, programs and projects. Some recent examples that DAIN have been involved in include:
- Community consultation on John Church Street Upgrades
- Development of Ability Inclusion Strategic Plan
- Participating in the review of Salisbury City Plan
To join or get more information:
If you would like more information or like to join, please register your interest by accessing one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘DAIN’
- Phone: 8406 8368
- In person or post: Salisbury Community Hub, 34 Church Street, Salisbury SA 5108
You can also share this network opportunity with family and friends. Download a flyer here.