HEXADECA Interactive Light & Sound Experience
After captivating audiences at Rundle Mall and WOMADelaide last year, HEXADECA will arrive at the Salisbury Community Hub to offer an unforgettable, free interactive experience.
Created by Adelaide team Pulsing Heart, HEXADECA is a music-making playground made up of 16 spinning fibreglass seats puzzled together to activate different sounds that form to play a whole piece of music.
People of all ages and abilities are encouraged to engage with the seats however they see fit - whether it's finding a spot to sit and enjoy, spinning the seats to activate sound, or observing the interaction.
It will be the first time HEXADECA has been on display in an indoor space when it is set up on the ground floor of the Salisbury Community Hub during the school holidays, allowing families of school-aged kids the opportunity to make a day of it.
To build on the STEAM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths) experience offered by HEXADECA, the City of Salisbury will run a number of interactive experiences and activities:
- HEXADECA: Opening event - 16 January
- STEAM based interactive activities - 17 to 29 January
- Make your own HEXADECA - 19 & 25 January
- HEXADECA: After Dark - 19 January
- HEXADECA: Meet the artists - 24 January
Explore HEXADECA Interactive Light & Sound Experience inside the Salisbury Community Hub from 17 to 29 January.
ENTER TO WIN! A one-hour group pass (for up to 45 people) to the UniSA Planetarium.
How to enter:
- Come along to the HEXADECA Interactive Light & Sound Experience at the Salisbury Community Hub
- Take a photo of your interaction with the spinning seats (be a little creative with your photo, we want to see you having some fun with it!)
- Share your photo on the original competition post within the comments section via the City of Salisbury Facebook page and tell us your three favourite highlights from the HEXADECA experience
- The competition OPENS on Tuesday 17 January 2023 and CLOSES on Sunday 29 January 2023.
- All entries must be uploaded to the comments section of the City of Salisbury Facebook page by 9pm on Sunday 29 January 2023.