Salisbury Community Markets
The Salisbury Community Markets are here!
Our Community Markets run across four locations in the City of Salisbury throughout the year.
Each market offers an opportunity for local producers, business owners and community groups to gather at a central hub location to promote their small businesses and showcase their products and services in a safe and welcoming environment.
All markets are FREE to attend on the day, so come along and join us and support your community!
We offer markets at four locations throughout the year:
- Para Hills Community Hub – Spring Markets – Saturday 16 September
- The Mawson Centre - Christmas Markets - Sunday 26 November
- Salisbury Community Hub – Youth Markets - Thursday 14 March
- Burton Community Hub – Mother's Day Markets - Date TBC
Para Hills Community Hub Spring Markets
Saturday 16 September, 10am to 2pm
JOIN US in SPRING for the second Para Hills Community Market!
The event will showcase over 30 market stalls with a primary focus on local produce, local businesses as well as FREE activities within the community garden.
The Para Hills Community Hub Market is part of this year’s Grow it Local Festival of Spring supported by Green Adelaide.
Stallholder Call Out
Are you interested in becoming a Salisbury Community Market stallholder?
We are looking for local produce and craft stall holders!
If you would like to register, simply fill out the expression of interest form below and we will contact you.
- The Mawson Centre Stall holder Expression of Interest - CLOSES 5PM MONDAY 31 JULY, 2023.
- Salisbury Community Hub Youth Markets Expression of Interest - OPENS August 2023
- Burton Community Hub Mother's Day Market - DATE TBC
Salisbury Community Hub Youth Markets - Stall holder Expression of Interest Now Open!
Featuring market stalls, entertainment, food, workshops and chill out zones.
The Salisbury Community Youth Market will offer an opportunity for young local producers and community groups to promote their small businesses, network, explore further opportunities offered by Twelve25 Youth Centre and have fun in a safe and welcoming environment.
The community is encouraged to attend and support local young businesses while enjoying the food and drinks and the free entertainment available.
Running for the second year and held at Salisbury Civic Plaza/ Inparrinthi Kumangka as part of the City of Salisbury’s Youth Week celebrations, the event will bring opportunities for the local young people to engage and promote their small businesses in the heart of Salisbury.
Interested in becoming a Stall Holder? Please fill in our Stall Holder form below.
- The Stallholder agrees to indemnify and to keep indemnified the City of Salisbury, its employees and/or agents against all actions, costs, claims, damages, charges and expenses whatsoever which may be brought or made or claimed against any of them arising out of or in relation to any activities under this Stallholder Agreement or arising out of breach of any condition attaching to this Stallholder Agreement.
- The Stallholder shall take out and keep current a public and products liability policy of insurance for the minimum sum of $10,000,000.00 per claim (or such other amount required by the Council having regard to the nature of the Stallholder’s activity).
- There will be no refunds of stall hire fees for cancellations by the Stallholder.
- Full refunds will be processed to Stallholders where the Market Event is postponed or cancelled by The City of Salisbury for safety reasons up to the morning of the Market Event before 10am. For example, extreme weather conditions forecast.
- All electrical appliances, cords and cables must be tested and tagged prior to the Market Event by a registered electrical contractor and must meet commercial standards. This will be inspected prior to commencement of the Market Event opening and any equipment that is not properly tested and tagged will need to be removed.
- The Stallholder must ensure all gas bottles are pre-tested, secure and be safely stored away from the public when in use.
- All Stallholders are required to follow safe food handling practices and follow health regulation guidelines. An inspection will occur prior to commencement of the Market Event and the City of Salisbury has the right to refuse activity based on non-compliance with Workplace Health and Safety standards.
- The Stallholder, where applicable, shall ensure that it is licensed or registered to carry out the activity under this Stallholder Agreement.
- The rights and obligations under this Stallholder Agreement are not transferable to any other party.
- The Stallholder must comply with all reasonable directions given to the Stallholder by any employee or officer of the City of Salisbury in relation to this Stallholder Agreement and any activities carried out under this Stallholder Agreement.
- The Stallholder shall comply with applicable laws and also give all notices required by any legislation relating to an activity under the Stallholder Agreement.
- No food or drink will be offered for sale by the Stallholder without the prior written approval of the City of Salisbury.
- No music system or amplified sound to be used by the Stallholder without the prior written approval of the City of Salisbury.
- Stallholders must ensure they are responsible for the cleaning and removal of rubbish within a 1 metre area surrounding their stall throughout the duration of the Market Event.
- Potential Stallholders must complete an expression of interest form to register. Please note places are limited. A City of Salisbury team member will then assess and welcome successful Stallholders to complete registration with final payment. Please note there is no guarantee previous Stallholders will be able to secure a stall or even the same stall location as previous years
- This event will commence at the times/ dates as indicated for the duration of four hours. No pack down is permitted before the end of the Market Event due to safety reasons.
- Please note- all Stallholders must provide their own trestle tables. Alternatively, we have a very limited amount of trestle tables for the event that can be requested. This will also be assessed on a first in, first served basis. We encourage all Stallholders to bring their own trestle table where reasonably practical on the day.
- Stallholders are encouraged to bring along your own chair if required as our furniture cannot leave the building.
- Please note: This is a City of Salisbury Council community event. At such events, we expect all participants and Stallholders to behave in a respectful and courteous manner towards one another, event staff, volunteers and the general public. Any behaviours that are determined to be offensive or aggressive will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the Premises.
- Stallholders are able to set up two hours prior to the start time of the event. The Stallholder site will be clearly marked on arrival with ab allocated site number, site map and final event details provided prior to Market Event day.
- The use of power/electricity by the Stallholder shall not exceed that agreed to and approved by the City of Salisbury.
- This Stallholder Agreement may be revoked by the City of Salisbury if the Stallholder fails to comply with a condition of the Stallholder Agreement, or may be revoked in any other justifiable circumstance.
- The City of Salisbury and the Stallholder acknowledge and agree that this Stallholder Agreement contains and represents the entire agreement reached between them with regard to its content and that no promises, representations or undertakings, other than those contained in this Stallholder Agreement, were made or given or relied upon.
- If any part of this Stallholder Agreement is found to be invalid or void or unenforceable, then that part will be severed from this Stallholder Agreement and the remainder of this Stallholder Agreement will continue to apply.