St Kilda Mangrove Trail and Interpretive Centre
- Opening Hours
Please note that parts of the St Kilda Boardwalk are closed for repairs. To avoid disappointment, please contact the Tackle and Tucker Kiosk on (08) 8280 9355 before your visit.
At the St Kilda Mangrove Trail and Interpretative Centre, you can explore a flooded mangrove forest on an elevated walkway that meanders through tidal salt marshes, mangroves and sea grass channels to a lookout that has scenic views across the Barker Inlet.
- Note: The trail may be closed due to weather conditions; please contact (08) 8280 9355 to confirm if open.
- Open: Daily 9am to 4pm (except Christmas Day)
- Cost: Free entry for self-guided tours
- Distance: 400m (approximately 45min return)
- Access: For Access, gate keys are available from the Tackle and Tucker shop at St Kilda (adjacent the Boat Ramp, Cockle Street). A form of security is required (returned when the key is returned) to ensure all entry cards issued are returned. Security can be provided by way of a $20 cash deposit OR by leaving a form of identification (eg. Medicare Card, Driver's Licence, etc) with Tackle and Tucker. Please note: Tackle & Tucker do not accept payment by EFTPOS and do not have an ATM inside the shop to withdraw cash.
All Visitors are required to:
- Use the proper equipment and take the necessary safety precautions (eg footwear, hat, water supply, etc.)
- Be aware of their surroundings, as this trail covers terrain that is isolated and obscured from public view.
- Acknowledge and agree that they will use extreme caution while using the Trail.
- Share the Trail, respect all users
- Listen to the directions of Council Employees managing the Trail.
For more details please download the St Kilda Mangrove Trail Information Flyer